4 Steps to Selling Face to FaceJuanVD
STEP 1: INTRO DYNAMICS
Your potential customer upon first meeting you, will consciously or subconsciously be asking
Who are you? Where are you from? What do you want? What are you selling? How long will this take?
Why should I listen? What’s in it for me? Knowing this process is taking place, your introduction should
Firstly: Try and address most of these questions
In just a few sentences introduce yourself, set the agenda, and ease these questions.
Secondly: Take the pressure of by explaining the following. Your there to build a relationship.
To educate them on your product or service. You are not there to sell anything. And you only want to
do business if it mutually benefits both parties. Be open and claim your intentions up front.
STEP 2: CREDIBILITY
• The quality of being trusted and believed in
• You need to build credibility for yourself, your company and your product
• You can do this in many ways
• Discuss anything that can provide trust and belief in your brand
• Can be positive stats
• Achievements and successes
• Even important history can help.
• Weight your words so the sink in…
STEP 3: IS ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
• These are the objectives in step 3… It’s all about your customer. They get all the attention.
• Try understanding your clients’ needs and wants
• Discuss the challenges and opportunities they might have
• Figure out if the client can benefit from your product
• Use the right sales skills, techniques and principles
• Trigger and invoke the buying emotions
• Build rapport
• Be likeable and gain their favour
• Constantly read your customer and adjust the conversation accordingly
• Step 3 is all about setting the client up for the pitch in step 4.Most of this step can be
achieved through great open-ended questions and listening more than speaking
STEP 4: THE PITCH
• Keep it short
• Keep it simple
• Be relevant
• Do your product justice
• Effectively use language to enhance your message
• Do not over complicate things
• Describe your value proposition
THE OBJECTIVES ARE TO OFFER A SOLUTION
• To bring the client closer to their goals
• To paint a better after effect of buying the product
• Making use of the right sales skills, techniques and principles to amplify your pitch
• Create an airtight logical case that can’t be reasoned against
• Create the correct emotional associations
• And bringing all 4 steps together by addressing any topics discussed in the meeting that
will help in justifying your product, and the solutions you bring to the table